- We believe Australia can be an affirming light in a time of despair, a global leader in transitioning to a carbon-free and socially just society, and that is why we wish our government to –
- Work with Australian land managers to stop land clearing, protect existing forests and grow new forests to absorb existing carbon pollution.
- Work with Australian farmers and graziers to make farming carbon neutral.
- Work with Australian miners to ensure a transition into 21st century minerals (nickel, rare earth) and end thermal coalmining and gas fracking in Australia.
- Work with Australian regulators to make all Australian ground transport powered by renewable energy by 2030.
- Work with Australian industry to make Australia a renewable energy giant and carbon-neutral economy by 2050, funded by progressive pollution tariffs on global heaters.
Read the full article originally published here.